Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How can man be made in the image of God, if God is a spirit? ( Intro)

In any given election, there will be an off hand comment that a candidate has "good image". This image may be based off of looks or good policy decisions, good word choice etc. This isn't just for politicians potential or otherwise. Image is also essential for advertising. All advertisements give this image of a great life if you buy your product. Everyday we worry about if we do something that people will think badly of us. It seems to be a common and continuing quest. Something that unfortunately continues after middle school. But what does that look like with the God (Supreme Being) and man? Rather, How can man be made in the image of God, if God is a spirit? (Unless otherwise noted, man refers to mankind that includes both male and female.) In this essay, I will discuss what does the word “image” mean Biblically, compare image with the word likeness and finally try to answer the image distinction of physical versus spirit. After I present my view, I will bring up some objections to this view and answer. Because this is a Christian concept the evidence for the majority of this paper will come from Scripture in order to accurately give a reason.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! A new post! And a thought provoking one too! Is your own essay, Catherine dear, or is it someone else's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Catherine! I didn't know you wrote another post since the two jewish ones that began the blog. Do I get to read your essay too? Now that you have wet my appetite, I am ready for the meat! Bring it on sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is my own thoughts, Lesley. :)
    Seth, you can read whatever is posted. that's why it's here, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...I see you have changed the blog background since I've checked in on you last.
    Maybe next time you'll have a new post too? ;)

    ReplyDelete